Industry: Utility (various projects related to power generation, transmission, and distribution).
Job Description Summary:
Work closely with the change management and implementation teams in defining, writing and
editing the content of Procedure Manuals, Work Instructions, Training Materials, and other
Responsibilities & Duties: include the following, other duties may be assigned.
• Work closely with the change management and implementation teams in defining the
content of Procedure Manuals, Work Instructions, Training Materials, and other technical
• Understand standard specifications for producing Procedure Manuals, Work Instructions,
Training Materials, and other technical documents.
• Gather and analyze technical data pertaining to above and create, update, and maintain
documentation and training material.
• Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding
order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Provide input to the visual communication of complex concepts and the layouts of
documents and other materials.
• Develop SOPs and policies to include procedure steps, assignment of responsibility,
expected durations, and task detail.
• Develop training material suitable for classroom, or e-learning consumption.
• Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
• Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
• Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format,
content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
• Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
Required Qualifications : Education & Experience
• Must possess a bachelor degree in liberal arts or technical field and 2 years of experience
authoring, editing and maintaining complex documents both technical and non-technical
documents and reports.
• Excellent writing skills required, as is the ability to analyze, synthesize, and condense text
that includes technical terminology.
• In-depth experience with the MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.) and In-depth
experience researching, editing, and preparing documentation.
• Familiarity with e-learning platforms is a plus.
• Experience working closely with technical staff (Engineers, software developers, etc).
Travel Requirements :
• Travel 25% as required