Consultant – Construction Process Improvement
Industry: Utility (various improvements related to power generation, transmission, and distribution).
Job Description Summary:
This consultant works to improve processes, documentation, and quality of construction
practices within a construction management environment.
• Share and educate construction team members on the principles of last planner system,
look ahead schedules, weekly work plan, percent plan complete, increased site
visualization, daily huddles, 5S, among other construction methods.
• Document current state problems and understand root causes of construction
inefficiencies and errors.
• Structure work plan to accomplish construction process improvement objective.
• Facilitate discussions towards implementing construction process improvements, collect
feedback, pilot solutions, and develop recommendations.
• Assist with documenting future state processes, developing associated checklists and
work instructions, system requirements, and supporting roll-out.
• Provide feedback on cross function relationship between construction and supporting
functions, including procurement, project management, finance, etc.
• Manage stakeholder communication, including construction management leadership.
• Master’s degree or work equivalent in Construction Technology Management,
Construction Management, or Construction Engineering.
• Work experience in the construction field.
• Familiar with construction best practices, lean construction, and other construction
process improvement tools.
• Expect travel to be 50 to 75% of the time.